As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It's something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
• Provide counselling services to all students
• Maintain registration with Alberta/Saskatchewan and Canadian professional regulatory bodies, professional liability insurance, and competencies as required by regulatory bodies through continuing education activities
• Meet with the Coordinator, Health Services and Residence and Commons staff to discuss student difficulty on an individual basis as needed
• Serve students, faculty and staff on the Vermilion campus with a consistent schedule that is approved by the Dean/Chair and maintained for the academic year
• Report monthly statistics, regarding services provided, to the Chair, Teaching & Learning
• Take an active role in the development and implementation of the college's Mental Health Plan
• A Master's degree in Counselling, Psychology, or a related discipline
• Training and experience in special education would be an asset
• Ability to work in a team environment
• A background in administering and interpreting achievement and psychological tests is an asset. This role functions as a resource person to staff and academic departments on issues of learning and student development.
This is a Sessional Full-time Faculty appointment at the Vermilion campus (35 hours per week) commencing as soon as possible after the closing date and ending June 30, 2020.
Competition will remain open until September 11, 2019. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca