Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie, as well as learning centres in Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
Student Experience is a diverse area within GPRC and covers departments such as Residence, Registrar's Office, Financial Aid, Accessibility Services, Instructional Design Centre, Academic Advising and the Library. Each department showcases a student first mentality and is passionate about sharing their knowledge, skills and abilities with those around them.
The College Psychologist's role will be to develop and implement sustainable, comprehensive and emergent mental supports for our students. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing and leading preventative programming, and for liaising and establishing partnerships with mental health professionals in our stewardship region. Working collaboratively with our Student Experience Department and with Deans and Chairs, this position will ensure GPRC is proactive in providing professional mental health services supports, and programs to students.
Specifically, this position will:
• Provide expert and timely mental health services to GPRC students.
• Provide preventative and educational mental health programming to students and staff.
• Provide a variety of mental health and academic diagnostic testing services to reduce the risks to student health and provide the student with options to be successful.
• Liaise with other mental health care providers in GPRC's stewardship region.
• Participate hands-on in applying for government grants, such as writing grant proposals to supplement and support mental health for students; implement programs/endeavors as the result of successful grant proposals.
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
A Masters of Psychology or Masters Social Work, five years' related work experience and experience with proposal writing for funding grants are required. Doctorate of Psychology and a valid College of Alberta Psychologists registration to practice is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
• Current Violent Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA) training is considered an asset;;
• Experience working with young adults;
• Proven leadership and mentoring skills;
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with students, faculty, support staff and community members;
• Confidence in dealing with crisis and affected individuals;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• A high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability;
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Ability to collaborate with teams and stakeholders on projects;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and the ability to adapt quickly to technology;
• A valid class 5 drivers license as travel is required;
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours when required; and
• Experience in developing virtual relationships.
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!