Prairie Spirit School Division is the largest rural school division in Saskatchewan, with over 10,700 students and 47 schools located in 28 communities surrounding the City of Saskatoon, and including three First Nations and nine Hutterian communities. Prairie Spirit has a dedicated team of professional and support staff serving pre-K to grade 12 students.
Psychologists work collaboratively with our dedicated team of professional and support staffs to create a positive learning environment as part of our vision of Learners for Life. The goal is to provide support to school teams to meet students' learning outcomes in an inclusive setting to develop student independence, by conducting formal and informal assessment, providing programming recommendations, and monitoring progress. These temporary 1.0 FTE positions will begin August 27, 2018 and end June 28, 2019.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess or qualify for a valid Saskatchewan teaching certificate (Professional A or B);
• Possess a graduate degree in Psychology, with specific graduate course work in assessing learning, social, or emotional problems and recommending appropriate interventions within an educational setting;
• Must have the ability to administer and interpret standardized and restricted assessment tools;
• Currently be a member in good standing or be eligible to become a member of the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists (SCP).
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Have relationship-building as the foundation of strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Work effectively in a team environment;
• Demonstrate superior organization and planning skills;
• Show evidence of a shared, reflective leadership style;
• Be involved in professional development;
• Show commitment to innovation in education and learning communities;
• Value adaptive leadership and value the contribution of all members of the learning community;
• Show a commitment to individual and organizational accountability.
For more information about this position, please call Ms. Susan Protz, Learning Coordinator at 306-683-2845 or email email@example.com
Applications for this position should be made on-line using the Applitrack system available through our website at www.spiritsd.ca. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2018.