May 31-June 2 & September 6-8, 2018
Life Journeys Counselling & Training Inc. presents Basic Training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). This course is approved by the Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association (EMDRIA). It follows the EMDRIA's currently recommended curriculum (as of July 1, 2007) and is in 3 parts: two 3-day Sessions including practica, plus 10-hours of Consultation. Registrants must take both Session 1 and Session 2. Consultations may be taken as part of this course or privately.
• to use the basic eight phase EMDR protocol, effectively and safely, and adapt it to special situations and populations.
• to understand the research and theoretical positions on EMDR.
• to be familiar with variations on the basic protocol for special populations.
• to understand legal and ethical considerations in the use of EMDR.
• the research on EMDR; review of the research, discussion of controversy/social psychology of innovation.
• the psychology of trauma and diagnosis of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder.
• theoretical explanations for EMDR; accelerated information processing; alternate explanations; brain research; caveats.
• the 8 phases of EMDR treatment.
• EMDR and special populations.
Participants learn to use EMDR appropriately and effectively in a variety of applications. Such use is based on understanding the theoretical basis of EMDR, safety issues, integration with a treatment plan, and supervised practice.
The course is in two sessions with a pre study and 10 hours of consultation by an EMDRIA Approved Consultant.
For more information or to register click here