REALITY THERAPY & CHOICE THEORY TRAINING
Basic Intensive Training
March 7, 8, 9, 2018
Reality Therapy, developed by Dr. William Glasser, is a method of helping people to gain more effective control of their lives. The practice of Reality Therapy teaches people to clarify what they want, what they need and what they are currently doing to get it. This approach asks people to evaluate their own behaviour, and to make decisions about whether or not what they are doing is working and whether they can realistically obtain what they want.
Reality Therapy is based on Choice Theory which explains why and how people behave as they attempt to satisfy their needs for survival, love/belonging, power, freedom and fun. Choice Theory follows several principles:
• Because relationships are the primary way we meet our needs, unsatisfactory or non-existent connections with other people are the source of almost all human problems.
• We behave for a purpose - to try to shape our environment to match inner "pictures" of what we want.
• Our behaviour is our best attempt to get what we want given what we believe our choices are at the time
• As individuals we are responsible for our own behaviour and we can learn to choose more effective behaviours that satisfy our needs
• We have a right to meet our needs in a healthy way while being respectful of the needs of others.
For the full brochure and information on regestration please click here.